Fighter Affiliation : Halifax and Hurricane aircraft co-operating in action
A portrait by Cecil Beaton of the pilot and co-pilot of a Wellington bomber of No. 149 Squadron in 1941.
A graphic line-up of all the personnel required to keep one Avro Lancaster of RAF Bomber Command flying on operations, taken at Scampton, Lincolnshire, 11 June 1942.
A pilot at Fairlop airfield in Essex has a haircut during a break between sweeps. A Supermarine Spitfire is in the background.
Six Hurricane Mark Is of No. 73 Squadron RAF, based at Rouvres, France, flying in loose echelon formation.
Flying Officer Leonard 'Ace' Haines of No. 19 Squadron on his Supermarine Spitfire Mk I at Fowlmere near Duxford, September 1940.
Bristol Blenheim Mk IVFs of No. 254 Squadron RAF flying from Aldergrove in Northern Ireland, May 1941.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IIa aircraft of the Air Fighting Development Unit based at Duxford, 6 April 1942.
One of the specially modified Avro Lancasters used by No. 617 Squadron on the raid against the Ruhr dams, 16/17 May 1943.
Flight Lieutenant C L F "Jimmy" Talalla of No. 122 Squadron RAF, standing in front of his North American Mustang Mark III at B12/ Ellon, Normandy.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV flown by the CO of No. 610 Squadron RAF, Squadron Leader R A Newbury, based at Friston, Sussex, 3 July 1944.
Douglas Dakota Mk III of No. 267 Squadron RAF based at Bari in Italy, 27 December 1944.
Squadron Leader Douglas Bader (centre) and fellow pilots of No. 242 Squadron, Flight Lieutenant Eric Ball and Pilot Officer Willie McKnight, admire the nose art on Bader's Hawker Hurricane at Duxford, October 1940.
Hawker Hurricanes of No 1 Squadron, Royal Air Force, based at Wittering, Cambridgeshire, followed by a similar formation of Supermarine Spitfires of No 266 Squadron, during a flying display for aircraft factory workers, October 1940.
A Lancaster Mk III of No. 619 Squadron on a test flight from RAF Coningsby, 14 February 1944.
Squadron Leader Douglas Bader, CO of No. 242 Squadron, seated on his Hawker Hurricane at Duxford, September 1940.