Squadron Leader Brian 'Sandy' Lane, CO of No. 19 Squadron (centre) confers with Flight Lieutenant Walter 'Farmer' Lawson and Flight Sergeant George 'Grumpy' Unwin at Fowlmere near Duxford, September 1940.
Winston Churchill and General Charles de Gaulle walk down the Avenue des Champs-Elysee duirng the French Armistice Day parade in Paris, 11 November 1944.
Winston Churchill in a jeep outside the German Reichstag during a tour of the ruined city of Berlin, 16 July 1945.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk VB of No. 165 Squadron at Gravesend, Essex, 16 October 1942.
Winston Churchill with British and Soviet representatives, including Anthony Eden and Vyacheslav Molotov, in London following the signing of the Anglo-Soviet Treaty on 26 May 1942.
The crew of a Short Stirling bomber of No. 622 Squadron RAF being debriefed by the intelligence officer at Mildenhall, Suffolk, after returning from the major raid on Berlin of 22/23 November 1943.
An Avro Lancaster Mk III of No. 103 Squadron pauses on the flarepath at Elsham Wolds, Lincolnshire, before taking off for a raid on Duisburg, 26 March 1943. In the background three searchlights form a cone to indicate the height of the cloud base.
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IIa aircraft of the Air Fighting Development Unit based at Duxford, 6 April 1942.
A small child on deck with his life belt on board SS EMPRESS OF AUSTRALIA, August 1941.
Commandos of 48 (RM) Commando coming ashore from landing craft at St Aubin-sur-Mer on Juno Beach, 6 June 1944.
HMS EAGLE and HMS MALAYA in the Mediterranean during Operation 'Spotter', which delivered 16 RAF Spitfire Mk Vs to Malta on 7th March 1942.
Winston Churchill inspecting air raid damage in the dockyard area of Valletta, Malta, 19 November 1943.
A view of 'Pegasus Bridge' over the Caen Canal at Benouville, 12 July 1944. Two of the Horsa gliders that brought the 'coup de main' force in on the night of D-Day can be seen in the background.
British commandos of 1st Special Service Brigade, led by Lord Lovat, landing on 'Queen Red' sector of Sword Beach, at La Breche, on the morning of 6 June 1944.