Mrs D Cheatle from Sheffield operating a capstan lathe at a munitions factory in Yorkshire during 1942.
Members of the Women's Royal Naval Service sampling the Christmas pudding at Greenock in Scotland, 19 December 1942.
Members of the Women's Royal Naval Service (WRNS) move a torpedo for loading into a submarine at Portsmouth, 29 September 1943.
Members of the Women's Land Army climbing over a gate on a British farm during the First World War.
Gladys Wilburn, a motor boat driver with the Women's Royal Naval Service, in her boat, the 'BALMACAAN', with her spaniel dog, Southwick, Sussex, 1918.
Gladys Wilburn of the Womens Royal Naval Service (WRNS) using a boat-hook to push her motor boat, the BALMACAAN, away from the shore at Southwick harbour, 1918.
Experimental camouflage on the fuselage of a Sopwith camel, developed during the First World War to disguise the aircraft's direction of flight.
Battle of the Lys: Nurse caring for British gas-poisoned wounded on a hospital train near Bethune, 1918
Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) women at a 3.7-inch anti-aircraft gun site at Wormwood Scrubs in London, 22 October 1941.
Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) girls at the Royal Artillery Experimental Unit at Shoeburyness in Essex, recovering shells from the mud flats at low tide, 1943.
An RAF sergeant shares an alfresco lunch with two Dutch women at Nieuland, near Middelburg, soon after the town had been liberated by Allied forces, November 1944.
An Inspector and Sergeant of the Women's Police Service during the First World War.
An Avro Vulcan B.2 aircraft of No. 9 Squadron based at RAF Cottesmore, 1965.
An ambulance driver of the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (FANY) assists with the maintenance of her vehicle at St Omer, 28 February 1917.
Air Mechanics of the Women's Royal Air Force (WRAF) working on the fuselage of an Avro 504 aircraft during early 1919.
A sister and a matron from Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service during the First World War.
A member of the Women's Royal Air Force at a plotting board at an RAF station, circa 1960.