A captured German pillbox nicknamed 'Gibraltar' in the ruins of Pozieres, Somme, 20th September.
A well concealed and revetted trench, between two-lines of trees. Gommecourt, given up by the Germans in March 1917.
A barbed wire gate in a trench system to form a block against raiders at Cambrin, 16 September 1917.
Officers of 12th Royal Irish Rifles wading through mud in a trench, Essigny, 7 February 1918.
Officers and men of 26th Divisional Ammunition Train (Army Service Corps) playing football in Salonika, Christmas 1915.
Commandos of 48 (RM) Commando coming ashore from landing craft at St Aubin-sur-Mer on Juno Beach, 6 June 1944.
A view of 'Pegasus Bridge' over the Caen Canal at Benouville, 12 July 1944. Two of the Horsa gliders that brought the 'coup de main' force in on the night of D-Day can be seen in the background.
A British DUKW carries supplies and American paratroopers across the Waal river at Nijmegen, 30 September 1944.
Led by their piper, men of 7th Seaforth Highlanders, 15th (Scottish) Division advance during Operation 'Epsom' in Normandy, 26 June 1944.
Troops and transport of British 50th Division on the Normandy beaches, 7 June 1944.
Guardsmen of 3rd Irish Guards in a Loyd carrier, wrapped up against the clouds of dust, during Operation 'Goodwood', Normandy, 18 July 1944.
Men of 12 Platoon, 'B' Company, 6th Royal Scots Fusiliers prepare to advance at the start of Operation 'Epsom', Normandy, 26 June 1944.
General Montgomery with Generals Patton (left) and Bradley (centre) at 21st Army Group HQ, Normandy, 7 July 1944.
Major General George 'Pip' Roberts (right), commanding 11th Armoured Division, with Brigadier Roscoe Harvey of 29th Armoured Brigade, and a Sherman command tank, Normandy, 15 August 1944.
A CMP truck and motorcycle of 11th Royal Horse Artillery (Honourable Artillery Company), 1st Armoured Division, Tunisia, 22 April 1943.
Irish Guards wearing gasmasks advance through smoke with 'tommy guns' at the ready, at Nooks Head near Woking in Surrey, 8 July 1940.
Royal Artillery 40mm Bofors guns being assembled on their arrival in Greece, 25 November 1940.