Pauline Gower, Commandant of the Air Transport Auxiliary Women's Section, waving from the cockpit of a de Havilland Tiger Moth at Hatfield, Hertfordshire, prior to a delivery flight, 10 January 1940.
Members of the Women's Auxiliary Air Force catering section serve meals to WAAFs at the Royal Air Force depot in Uxbridge, 1944.
Two women munition workers operate a shell case forming machine during the First World War at the New Gun Factory of the Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, London.
A group of young Italian women employed by the British Army to unload artillery ammunition at a railhead dump in northern Italy, 1918.
Two women munitions workers with a truck load of shell cases in the New Case Shop at the Royal Arsenal, Woolwich during the First World War.
Land Army girls being taught to saw wood at the Women's Timber Corps training camp at Culford in Suffolk.
A member of the Auxiliary Territorial Service, Miss Elizabeth Amery, computes the range at 428 Battery, Coastal Defence Artillery Headquarters, Dover, December 1942.
Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS) girls at the Royal Artillery Experimental Unit at Shoeburyness in Essex, recovering shells from the mud flats at low tide, 1943.